Thursday, September 15, 2011

Good Rain!!

It finally came down!  It cooled off and the rain came down.  There was some thunder & lightning with it, but it wasn't much. 

This was driving in this morning.  We have a dirt driveway that's about 1/4 mile long.  Nice low clouds and soaking drizzle. 
Then it came down!!  It turned the ground into a temporary pond.  My oh my - we sure needed this!! 
This was before it really came down.  This is a view of my backyard.  Those are wind turbines in the background.  They take all the wind we have and turn it into electricity.  We have three of them really close to us on our neighbor's property.  I'll see if I can't get some more close ups later on! 

I know it might seem pretty silly to be so excited about some rain, but we haven't had rain like this in 11 months.  A lot of grass has dried up and withered away or burned in the wildfires.  I read that over 1 million acres in Texas have burned in Texas this year.  It was said that if you take the entire area of Connecticut and Rhode Island and put it together - more acres have burned than that amount of area.  It's also noted that 2011 is the hottest Summer ever recorded since they've began taking records.  So, we're pretty grateful for this rain & cold front that came through. 

Well, I'm about to take off on my run tonight (Thursday).  I will be finishing the week off by taking 2 more loads to the steel mill in Midlothian.  535 miles from Snyder to the steel mill & back.  Not too bad. I hope you guys are having a great week at school.  Let me know what your answer was for the pump price & I'll post the answer!  Take care.  --Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment