Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Early Wednesday then cleaning

Today, my day started at 3:00 AM.  I sure hope nobody reading this is awake at 3:00 AM on a regular basis.  If you are, there are some cool things going on.  It's very quiet out on the roads.  Hardly anybody is out except for big trucks.  The wind is usually very still.  We got a LOT of wind out here, but at 3:00 AM - it's usually very calm & peaceful.  After that, you get to see people going to work, the sunrise, businesses opening up.  It's like the world is coming alive.  I guess you could say I'm a morning person.  I love the mornings. 

Pressure Washer
I got a ride from one of our other drivers, "Matt".  He took me down to Sweetwater and I picked up truck #24.  It ran like a champ all the way down to Waco.  I was out of there by 9:00 AM and headed back.  Since I got back so early I decided to wash the truck myself (also, the carwash place we usually go to was closed).  We have a pressure washer at work and I fired it up and started washing it down.  It wasn't long and it was very clean.  Then, as I was getting loaded, I was busy in the cab wiping everything down.  Since it sat so long, it had quite a bit of dust everywhere.  So, I used some Armor All and wiped down the dash, instrument panel, doors, cabinets and even the floors.  Then, I got glass cleaner and cleaned all of the windows.  I was pretty proud of myself.  It looked pretty good! 



So, what are some things you guys have to clean?  Do you have any chores at home where you have things to clean?  When I was in 4th grade I had to feed our dog "Buster".  I had to do dishes from time to time and help with the vacuuming when I was asked to.  I took over mowing the lawn but I don't remember if that was before, during, or after 4th grade. 

I need to train MY can how to mow the lawn!!!
...or how to vacuum??

Go around the room, and let's see what house chores you guys have!!  Let me know what the top 5 chores you guys have in common!! 

Helping around the house is important.  We all have a responsibility to help out in our families.  Even though we don't always hear it - our families are very helpful for the help you give them!!  I'm sure you guys all help out and for that:  GREAT JOB!!  I'll propose a challenge.  Do something around the house without being asked by someone in your family.  Not only will you feel good about it, but your family might really notice and appreciate it. 

They might not appreciate this, though. 

I hope you guys are having a great week!  --Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment