Thursday, April 26, 2012

The heat is back...

It's THAT hot!
So, it's gotten hot again.  I'm not ready for this.  It was a very mild winter and the heat is back a lot sooner than I would like!  Speaking of mild winter, have you noticed all the moths?  Well, the winter usually freezes a good portion of moth eggs and we don't have as many moths.  Since it was such a weak and warm winter, a lot of the eggs were left and we have a major surplus of moths. 
Moths, they live to annoy.
Truck 24 has had an oil leak now for quite a while.  My hydrolic tank was leaking pretty bad but they took it off, welded it, put some new fittings on it & now it's good.  I've told my bosses about the oil leak I've had but they blew it off thinking the mess was all the hydrolic fluid.  With that all fixed the oil is still blowing all over underneath the truck and all over the trailer.  I loose about a gallon every 2,000 to 3,000 miles.  In car terms, that's like a quart between oil changes.  Not that big of a deal, but sure makes a mess of things.  It is coming out of the blow-by tube area.  So, hopefully it's an easy fix!  They will take a look at it tomorrow when I get my oil changed.  I change my oil every 10,000 miles (about every month).  Cars are every 3,000 miles or 3 months. 
This car may have been following me with my oil leak!!
School is nearly out & I know you guys are in the middle of your state tests.  Make sure you are being good to your teacher!!  I'm sure everyone at school is a little edgy.  Summer is right around the corner.  Make sure you're working hard to finish the year out strong & summer will be here before you know it!

Have a great weekend.  --Mr. Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment