Monday, April 2, 2012

Ahhh.... Waco again. I missed you.

I don't know what it is or how to explain it.  There's just something great about going somewhere new or somewhere you haven't gone in a while.  It feels so good & relaxing and it's a big joy for me.  I know it might start to get old if I had to go there every day for a year, but a trip to Waco today was just perfect for me!! 
Lipsitz in Waco.  Come in from the right.  Scale in by the big white barn.  Go straight.  Back to one of the piles on the left.  Circle around the bottom loop, exit/scale out to the right by the big white barn.  So easy, huh?
It went really well my first day back.  Again.  I took truck #7.  That's Joe's truck.  Joe is hauling roll-off boxes today in another truck and his truck had been loaded for a week, just waiting to be taken.  So, I took it.  It runs faster than my truck.  It has a lower gear ratio on the rear end than mine, so it can really scoot!  Mine is 3.73. His is 3.42.  That means:  my truck has to turn the drive shaft 3.73 times to go the same distance as his only having to go 3.42 times.  That doesn't sound like much, but that little difference (0.31) with the same size engine means much more power!!!  So, that was a nice change. 
I LOVE early mornings.  I'm not sure everyone else does.  Do you ever wonder what your animals do while you're asleep?  Ha ha!!
I left at 4:00 AM.  I had to fuel in Tye & I got to Waco just before 9:00 AM.  I was only there 13 minutes & I was gone.  Again, such a NICE change!!  They are an all concrete facility, so you don't have to worry about dumping on uneven ground and worrying about tipping over!  The ladies at the scalehouse (a very CLEAN scalehouse) are very courteous, too.  Sometimes, the guys working at the Midlothian plant scalehouse are as grumpy as an alligator snacking on a burning cactus. 
funny grumpy pictures
This kid looks like he could work at the scalehouse in Midlothian some day.  Grumpy people there, that's for sure. 
I reloaded in Sweetwater and left the truck in Snyder.  I will leave again around 3:30 AM or 4 from Snyder in my good ol' #24.  It sure is nice to be back working again.  I still feel very week from taking about 7 different medications, but I'm very happy to get back to normal a little bit at least!
After a while, they all start to taste like this.  Yuck.  I'll be happy to be off of my medication soon!
So, I missed about everything Spring Break related with you guys.  I'm sorry!!  So, what cool things did you do?  I heard a little about what Mrs. Hnizdo did.  Sounds like she had a very busy time!  Did you guys travel?  Did you stay at home & hang out & relax?  Did you go to anything different or unusual?  Let's do another poll!!  I'd like to see how many stayed or left town.  And anything else you guys did. 
Mrs. Hnizdo said she took a little plane, but this is getting out of hand!
My Spring Breaks were usually full of work.  I was okay with it, I loved working with my parents.  We usually had a cattle show that fell on the last weekend of Spring Break in Tucson, Arizona.  We would hang out with friends and go swimming at the hotel pool about every night.  It was a good way to cool off after working with our cattle all day and keeping up with them. 
Was your spring break this much fun?
I hope your week is starting off as good as mine is!!  I'm still working on trying to schedule a trip to visit.  My time is winding down, but I'm sure we can pull something off!  --Mr. Walker

2 comments:

  1. I had found your blog description relating to garbage truck driving so i thought your blog would be regarding junk removal or metals recycling. Anyways, really the cool stuff out here. Keep it up.

    Flora,
    Waste Management Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete