Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to the steel mill & how close I was to my trucker buddies!

So, I got word today that I'm headed back to my normal runs to the steel mill in Midlothian tonight.  I will be in a different truck tonight.  I will be in one of the daycab trucks.  I have to get loaded back in Sweetwater.  Since this truck doesn't have a sleeper, I will leave much later.  Hopefully, I will get back to Sweetwater around the time they open up so I don't have to wait much.  Then, I will be back in Snyder! 

The route from Snyder to the Steel mill:
http://g.co/maps/jzjht

Today, I hung out at the farm.  I cleaned up a bit from the barn fire.  I didn't find much that survived.  One is an old Texas & Southwest Cattle Raisers sign.  The top of one of my branding irons was also located.  That is about it.  Most of it fell over this morning in the strong winds.  It sure is an ugly sight. 

View IMAG0891.jpg in slide show
Lindsey says:  back off.  MY CAKE!
I played with Lindsey a bunch today.  She likes to chase me around the house.  Today, she was making a fake burping noise with her bunny and dollies.  She sure has enjoyed some leftover birthday cake!  She makes one heck of a mess. But, I think it's totally cute. 

So, I was actually pretty close to you guys!  Check this out:  http://g.co/maps/3q3c5 You can play with the map and see just how close Mr. Walker was to the school!  Try not to cheat!  But, if you can't mess with the map to see how close, here it is:  http://g.co/maps/dskvz  I have a hint:  it was less than 10 miles away from your school!!  
Don't want this happening to the principal's car, right?

I visited with Mrs. Hnizdo about visiting the class.  We're getting the paperwork taken care of so I am cleared to visit.  Bringing a big truck to a school might cause quite a scene, so I want to make sure everybody is okay with me visiting!! 
Poor Patrick.  Yaaay Friday!
I hope your week is wrapping up well.  I hope to see you guys soon!!  --Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment