Monday, October 10, 2011

Let's catch up!

So, I owe you guys some pictures of my last break down.  Ready?  Here we go.....


My fuel leak.  Diesel fuel is everywhere.  See the metal canister top left?  That's my fuel filter, the leak was under it leading off to the left.  You can see the logo for my Mercedes Benz engine on the head top right!

Tow King is the tow company in Waco, TX that took me to the Freightliner shop in Waco.  Thanks guys!!  Really nice clean older truck.  These drivers have to have nerves of steel towing these huge trucks behind their rigs!
 So, I told you guys I was going to change routines & start going to Midlothian.  It's been going pretty well.  Right now we're hauling only shred over there because their melt shop is shut down & heavy iron isn't being accepted at this time.  It's pretty quiet at the mill and things are going pretty smooth there. 

I did have a hub oiler start leaking.  Check it out...

This is right in the middle of the tire/wheel.  It's just a plastic thing that keeps gear oil inside to keep the wheel bearings lubricated & the wheel going down the road smooth.  When getting loaded, the guy loading me dropped a bundle of metal on it and it developed a crack.  You can see, it's all gross & nasty & yucky with all the oil leaking out.  I am going to change that out tonight.  It's important to keep that thing full of oil & not burn up a wheel bearing! 

This weekend, everyone in the family got sick.  It was really bad, but I think we're about all over it.  It seemed to be a 24 hour bug.  We didn't get out of the house at ALL!!  It was a pretty crummy weekend for all of us.  We're all still feeling pretty weak & my symptoms finally cleared up today.  I did get to watch my Texas A&M beat Texas Tech this weekend!  Yaaay!!


We also got 2 1/4" of rain!!  I heard you guys in the DFW area got a bunch of rain, too!  So much, the Texas Rangers' game 2 of the ALCS got moved to Monday.  Are you guys cheering for the Rangers this year?  They're doing pretty good!!



All of this rain sure makes everything at work super muddy!!  I almost got #24 stuck today!  You have to be very careful about where you take it when it's muddy.  Getting an 80,000 pound truck unstuck can be very hard sometimes!

Sorry I haven't posted in quite a while.  Changing schedules is tough, going from sleeping nights to days!  I took my wife & baby in to Midlothian for them to stay with family & that's very time consuming.  I think our days of them riding in the big truck with me might be coming to an end anyways - that's very involved.  Then, getting sick - it's been rough.  I hope you guys are doing great & had a great weekend.  Until next time! 
--Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment