Thursday, October 20, 2011

Catching up...

1st off - sorry I haven't been posting much lately.  I've been having to change my schedule up and it's hard to get sleep let alone do much of anything else when you go from working nights, then days, then nights again. 


 Have you ever been this tired?
So, I've been going to the steel mill in Midlothian.  It's been very hectic.  They are super busy and some nights they take a long time to get me empty.  One night, I was there for FOUR HOURS!!!  Lately, it's been going much better but it's still very busy. 

I did go visit my parents last weekend in Sierra Blanca, TX.  We went to El Paso and watched my mom run in a 10k. The K stands for Kilometers.  That's the metric system measurement for distance.  Most of the world is on the metric system, in the United States - we still use some of it.  10k = 6 miles 376 yards 4 and 25/32 inches.  Can you guys run over 6 miles?  She finished in 1 hour, 4 minutes.  She came in 1st in her age group (50-59) and won a metal!!  I'm very proud of my mom. 

http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=marwood+park,+el+paso&fb=1&gl=us&hq=marwood+park,&hnear=0x86e73f8bc5fe3b69:0xe39184e3ab9d0222,El+Paso,+TX&cid=0,0,8373575647336361708&ei=ZOOgTuzvMofKsQKD6-C0BQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAUQ_BI

That's a map of where the race was.  Part of the route was in New Mexico!!  El Paso is right on the border with Mexico and New Mexico.  Very interesting part of the country. 

We ate some incredible mexican food after the race and then came back home.  I LOVE mexican food, in case I haven't mentioned it before.  I got to do some roping with my dad, and that was fun! 

Back to trucking!  My truck has been running well.  It just has some issues.  I have a cab air bag leak.  I also have shocks that aren't working.  My air conditioning isn't working either.  The air conditioning one isn't that big of a deal since it's cooled off so much.  But when I have to roll the windows down to get some air inside, it bothers my allergies and it has made me sick!!  I really hate being sick. 

Do any of you suffer from allergies?
A lot of us suffer from allergies.  Mine is seasonal.  Usually just once in the Fall and once in the Spring.  I have a friend that has allergies year-round and has to take shots.  When I was a little one, I was allergic to carbon monoxide.  I had to limit how much time I spent in big cities like Phoenix or Los Angeles before they cleaned up their smog problems.  That used to be very bad in the 1980s. 

Phoenix smog.  Blech!!
I'm going to try to get better about updating my blog.  I did get my assignment from Mrs. Hnizdo!!  I have Brazos county!!  I can't wait to turn it in!  Be looking for it!!  I hope you guys are doing great.  Oh yeah, GO RANGERS!!!!

Have a great day!  --Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment