Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fast week

This week really seems to be going by fast.  It's Wednesday already!  Soooo..... did you know that October 5 was World Teachers Day???  So, Mrs. Hnizdo - HAPPY WORLD TEACHERS DAY!!!!! 

Today, October 12 is Arthritis Awareness Day.  What's Arthritis?  It's swelling and muscle or tendon/ligament tenderness or tear in your joints.  It's usually from over-use of that joint or some trauma or injury to that joint.  There are many different forms.  Older folks suffer from it more often from over-use and aging/fatigue in that joint.  I have arthritis in my knee. I have had 4 knee surgeries on my right knee and I have metal in there!!  Wild, huh?  From over use and trauma to the knee, I know have soreness and swelling in that knee.  For the elderly, it can be very frustrating to put up with.  So, if you can help somebody out that has arthritis or is moving slowly, today would be a good day for that!


It's been pretty overcast and cloudy the last few days after all that rain we got!  As far as road-trips go:  I really like driving when it's overcast.  It's usually nice and cool.  And you're not always squinting to see everything because of the sun.  It drives my dad nuts because he LOVES seeing the sunshine.  I think he used to live somewhere that was cloudy ALL THE TIME & it bugs him a little bit.  If it were cloudy all time, I'm sure it would bug me too.  But I like it every now & then. 

Sooo.... Mrs. Hnizdo told me about an upcoming assignment that I'm involved in.  I'm excitied!  I also heard that you guys have some sway in my part in the assignment!  It should be fun!  She will be sending me the assignment and I'll let you know when I get it and how I'm progressing. 

I'm going a different route to Midlothian, TX now.  I have an overweight permit and I have to take different roads.  I'm going to leave you a link at the bottom of the page.  It should show you the new way I'm going.  I hope it works!!  There are some new really cool towns to tell you about that I go through. 

I have plans to go out to see my parents this weekend and watch my mom run in a 10k in El Paso, TX.  Also, my grandmother from Fallon, Nevada (can you find that on the atlas??) flew into El Paso to visit and I will get to see her.  It's always a treat to see her since she lives so far away.  We call her Grandma Margaret or Grammit or Gigi (that's what the great grand kids call her - short for great grandma).  I'll definatly try to get pictures and tell you about the trip. 

How about you guys?  Any plans for the weekend?  Anybody watching the Dallas Cowboys game?  They are playing at New England on Sunday.  New England was a term given to the new area that was settled by the pilgrims in what is today Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.  They actually play in Foxboro, Massachusetts (can you find that on the atlas??).  It's a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts.  Do you guys think the Cowboys will win?  I hope so!


I hope you guys are having a great week!  --Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment