Thursday, August 25, 2011

Moisture on my windshield... rain???

I was listening to the news this morning on my radio as I usually do and I heard them say it was raining in the DFW area.  Oh, cool, I thought.  I'm glad somebody's getting some rain.  I saw some clouds up on the Eastern horizon as I pushed on East on I-20.  Then, I took Highway 6 south towards Waco.  The clouds looked like they were in front of me.  Hmm... maybe I might see some rain, I thought.  Then, it happened, it poured down.  Between Dublin, TX and Hico, TX it came down hard!!  I had to put my windshield wipers on high!  It takes a bad drought for you to really appreciate a good rain. 

Downpour just North of Hico, TX
I was only at the shredder for 16 minutes today, and I was headed back out West.  Another quick turn-around.  Once I got back to Sweetwater, I noticed some clouds off to the North.  They were kind of up by Snyder!  Cool!  Once Rudy loaded me, I started off towards Snyder.  The winds started rocking my trailer and truck side to side, and the clouds looked serious.  Then it happened again!  Rain!  In my own county.  It was brief, but still very welcome. 


Scattered showers in Scurry County (where Snyder is).
I got back to the yard and dropped my paperwork off at the office and headed home.  When I got home, we were getting rain at the farm!  It was a brief shower, but still very nice to see.  I hope we get some more! 

I'm leaving out this evening and going to sleep in the truck (Yep, I have a bed in my truck! More pictures of that soon!) in Meridian, TX.  It's about an hour from Waco.  I am going to be at the shredder right when they open at 8:00 AM on Friday.  Then, I'll go 4 1/2 hours straight back to Snyder.  No stopping in Sweetwater.  I'll then be leaving for my parents' house in Sierra Blanca, TX.  I won't be posting again until Monday late or possibly Tuesday.  I'll try to get a few pictures from the trip.  Until then, I hope you guys have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. “It takes a bad drought for you to really appreciate a good rain.” – I guess that practically applies to windshields. It’s difficult to see the road ahead when the rain is so heavy, but after it has stopped, whatever you see outside from the windshield seems clearer and cleaner. Better yet, that applies to life in general. All things will come to pass, and things will be better in the end. :)

    - Jessie Bachelder

    ReplyDelete