Thursday, January 26, 2012

Good Rain

FOUR INCHES of rain!  That's how much rain the DFW area got in places in this recent storm.  That is a lot of rain!  Did you guys enjoy it?  I sure did.  It made driving tricky, but I was super careful. 

You have to be super careful when it's raining!
The rain poses one heck of a problem at the steel mill in Midlothain.  With that much rain, the holes we back into to dump our scrap in fill up with lots of water.  So much water, it covers up the WHOLE tire on my trailer.  I had 3 flat tires on Wednesday morning when I dumped my load.  I had to wait for the tire guy to come and get me fixed up so I could go back out to West Texas.  Luckily, I have a sleeper and I laid down on my bed and caught a nap! 

What a new truck's sleeper looks like.

This is what my truck look like inside. 
 Last night, the workers at the steel mill used a giant magnet to pick up metal in the water so I could back up without getting a flat.  It sure makes it tricky trying to have a good safe, normal dump at the steel mill! 

I did get a couple of large pieces rejected and got held up at the mill while they loaded it back.  This week has been tough since I've been held up every night so far.  But, hopefully this week gets a bit more smooth as it goes on. 
Until next time, have a great weekend!

--Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment