Monday, November 28, 2011

Back from Thanksgiving!!

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving holiday break!  Mine was exciting.  I've been running every day up until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  I saw some interesting things, too!!  I ran back to our Snyder, TX yard on Saturday and got loaded, then went right back to Midlothian.  I spent my Thanksgiving there in Midlothian with my wife's family.  I dumped my load last night (Sunday night) and got back around noon here in Snyder today (Monday). 

SOOO....what did you guys eat for Thanksgiving?  We had an AWESOME turkey that my wife made.  She does it soooo good.  We had all the sides from stuffing, to mashed potatoes, to green beans, to homemade rolls, to pecan pie!  What are your favorite Thanksgiving treats? 


View IMG00380.jpg in slide show
Geico NASCAR truck!!
So, NASCAR's season wrapped up in Phoenix, Arizona, then down in Miami, Florida.  (Can you find those cities on the atlas?)  I saw a LOT of the trucks that haul the racecars going down the road the last couple of weeks going to and from those races.  Let me tell you, even the trucks go fast!!  This is the Geico Toyota Nascar Truck for Casey Mears.  This was him headed West, most likely to the Phoenix race.  Pretty cool, huh? 

Big truck leaving a spray of water from driving on the wet roads.  Sure makes it harder for cars to drive through that!
We finally got some much needed rain as well this past week.  It makes it a little tricky to drive in sometimes.  Visibility is lower and you have to give yourself more room for stopping.  It sure was nice getting all this rain, we sure need it!!  My truck is sorta yucky now with road grime.  It always gets that way after driving through rain. 

NFR starts this week!!
Some of you remember, I'm a rodeo fan!  I grew up doing it when I was your age.  The NFR stands for National Finals Rodeo.  It's when all the top performers from each event get together for one last rodeo for the year to see who the champion is!!  It starts on Thursday and you can bet I will be recording it so I can watch it when I'm at home!! 

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!  I hope school is going well for you!  --Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment