Monday, December 19, 2011

CB Radio

This is what my radio looks like
So, my wife said I should tell you guys about my radio.  Most ALL truckers have CB radios in their trucks.  I use mine to talk to other truckers about dangers or accidents on the road.  We truckers have almost our own language on the CB.  It's funny, so my wife thought I should tell you guys some of the terms we use. 

Alligator - tire in the road
Bear - police
Bear cave - police station
Parking lot - truck that hauls cars
Bull Wagon - truck that hauls cattle
Skateboard - truck that pulls a flatbed
Chicken Hauler - truck that hauls frozen foods, usually chicken
Chicken lights - extra lights all over a truck
Deadhead - driving empty without a load
Bird Dog - cb radio or radar detector
Chicken Coupe - scale house
10-4 - okay
10-100 - bathroom break
10-20 - your location
Triple Digit Ride - truck than can go over 100 MPH
Braile - the bumps on the side that make that noise when you drive on it
Coloring Book - trucker's log book
Freight Shaker - Freightliner (my truck brand)
Yard Stick - mile marker
Wiggle Wagon - double trailers
Seasame Street - Channel 19 (used in the city because of all the goofy monsters on there)
4-wheeler - car
Big D - Dallas
Cowtown - Fort Worth
Music City - Nashville
Alamo City - San Antonio
Motor City - Detroit
Windy City - Chicago
Mile High City - Denver
Big Apple - New York City
Ankle Biter - small child
Disco Lights - emergency vehicle lights on top
Hammer down - petal to the floor
Go-Go Juice - fuel
Choke & Puke - truckstop restaurant
Insurance Convention - accident

These are just a few I could think of.  Most drivers see me and call me "Monster" because the brand of our trailers is on the back, and it says "Mon-Star".  You can really get to spending a lot of money on those radios.  I have mine peak & tuned.  That way it can reach out a long ways.  About 10 miles away.  Some guys put echo boards in them so it sounds like they're in an empty gym when they talk.  There's all kinds of add-ons they could do! 

Well, it's the week before Christmas!!  My wife made some of my favorite treats.  Oreo balls!!  My family makes all kinds of awesome Christmas treats.  Cheesecake bars, 7 layer bars, Christmas cookies, it's soooo good!!  What are some of your favorites? 
Very creative Christmas cookie
I hope you guys are having a good time!!  --Mr. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment